Tops vs Topos - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between tops and topos
is that tops
is while topos
As an adverb tops
is at the very most; maximum.
As an adjective tops
is (slang|dated) great; excellent.
As a verb tops
At the very most; maximum.
- Your essay should be two pages, tops .
(slang, dated) Great; excellent.
* 1958 , Billboard (5 May 1958, page 139)
- Joe Issenberg, Al Kahn, A. Amato and B. B. Saunders all agreed that it was tops for a meeting place.
(darts) The uppermost field of a dartboard; the double-20 field
- Scoring 38 more points leaves him with tops for the win.
A literary theme or motif; a rhetorical convention or formula.
* 2003 , , Flesh in the Age of Reason , Penguin (2004), page 239,
(mathematics) A certain mathematical structure found in category theory.
- The ritual of weighing the soul was an iconographic topos familiar to Christianity from the ceremony of the weighing of sins at the Last Judgement.