As a verb tink
is to emit a high-pitched noise or tink
can be (knitting|slang|transitive) to unknit.
As a noun tink
is (dated) a sharp, quick sound; a tinkle.
As an initialism tina is
there is no alternative (a political slogan of ).
To emit a high-pitched noise.
- Jimmy heard the bells tink .
(dated) A sharp, quick sound; a tinkle.
knit spelled backwards.
(knitting, slang, transitive) To unknit.
* Amy Lane, A Knitter in His Natural Habitat (page 48)
* 2006 , Heather Dixon, Not Your Mama's Knitting (page 89)
- Stanley knitted when he should have purled and swore, tinking the knitting back to fix the flaw.
- If the stitch you need to fix is on the last or previous row, a bit of unknitting, or “tinking ” as it is known by some knitters, is all that is needed to get back to the point where you can mend your mistake.
(en proper noun
A lake in Alaska, near/around Anchorage.