Having a trill sound.
* 1914 , Sewell Ford, Wilt thou Torchy
*:She was a sweet young thing with cheek dimples and a trilly laugh...
* 1984 , Donald J. Borror, Songs of Western Birds
*:This bird has a number of calls, but the most common is a loud chuck (Example 3). Immature birds utter a trilly note (Example 4), which is a common marsh sound in mid-summer.
* 2009 , Bob Mitchell, Once Upon a Fastball
*:He adores his bedtime baseball stories, even at his ripe old age. “It's called 'The Curse.' Wooooooooo!” Sol sings scarily in a trilly , ghostlike, gradually descending soprano.
* 31 March 2011 , Mallika Rao at RollingStone.com, American Idol Recap: Stuck In the Middle
*:Paul McDonald, whose "Rocket Man" was wispy and unmemorable; Stefano Langone, still with the weird enunciations and trilly voice...
(Ireland) An extra product given to a customer at no additional charge; a lagniappe.
* 1855 , Legends of mount Leinster, by Harry Whitney :
* 1939 , James Joyce, 'Finnegan's Wake'':
- Myles:'' "Indeed your Honour may safely say so : Iwas ploughing away go myself for the snuff, and be sure to get my ' tillies .
* 2007 , Patrick Semple, The Rector who Wouldn't Pray for Rain :
- A bakereen's dusind with tithe tillies to boot.
- At each door he poured from the can into a pint measure and into the house-wife's jug, always with a tilly for the cat, whether there was a cat or not, sometimes splashing the step with milk to the annoyance of the housewife.
* lagniappe (America), pasella (South Africa)
From WWII British Army usage , from utility.
(UK) A small open-backed truck.
* 1978 , (Ada F Kay) (A. J. Stewart), Died 1513-born 1929'' / ''King's Memory , page 83:
* 1980 , Once Upon a Ward: V.A.D.s' Own Stories and Pictures , page 119:
- After a fortnight's careful nursing my leg healed and I was packed off in a tilly (utility truck) with my kit-bag to join my comrades at Fairmilehead.
- One night soon after our arrival in Belgium, four of us set off to a dance in a rest centre, behind the lines, for the forces. We drove across a snowy waste in a tilly truck, singing "Lilly Marlene".
* (small truck) ute (Australia)
Containing (l) (unsorted glacial sediment).