Constricting vs Tighten - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between constricting and tighten
is that constricting
is while tighten
is to make tighter.
To make tighter.
- Please tighten that screw a quarter-turn.
To become tighter.
- Just where I please, with tightened rein / I'll urge thee round the dusty plain.
(economics) To make money harder to borrow or obtain.
- That joint is tightening as the wood dries.
(economics) To raise short-term interest rates.
- If the government doesn't tighten the money supply, inflation is certain to be harsh.
- The Fed is expected to tighten by a quarter-point.
* (make tighter) loosen
* tighten one's belt
* tighten the purse strings
* titan, Titan