As adverbs the difference between thoroughly and throughly
is that thoroughly
is in a thorough or complete manner while throughly
is thoroughly, completely.
In a thorough or complete manner.
- He went out in the rain and came back thoroughly drenched.
* but good, in spades
* 1590 , (Edmund Spenser), The Faerie Queene , II.7:
* c. 1610 , (William Shakespeare), , III.2:
- The whiles he steru'd with hunger and with drouth / He daily dyde, yet neuer throughly dyen couth.
- The next advantage / Will we take throughly .
- Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, / And cleanse me from my sin.