Thigh vs Drumstick - What's the difference?
Thigh is a coordinate term of drumstick.
As nouns the difference between thigh and drumstick
is that thigh
is the upper leg of a human, between the hip and the knee while drumstick
is a stick used to play drums.
The upper leg of a human, between the hip and the knee.
* c. 1595 , (William Shakespeare), Romeo and Juliet :
* 1800 , (Jane Austen), letter, 8 Nov 1800:
- I coniure thee by Rosalines bright eyes, By her High forehead, and her Scarlet lip, By her Fine foote, Straight leg, and Quiuering thigh , And the Demeanes, that there Adiacent lie, That in thy likenesse thou appeare to vs.
* 1991 , (Kathy Lette), The Llama Parlour :
- About ten days ago, in cocking a pistol in the guard-room at Marcau, he accidentally shot himself through the Thigh .
* 2011 , The Guardian , 31 Mar 2011:
- ‘Why not pay up now, kiddo?’ he suggested magnanimously, patting me on the thigh .
That part of the leg of vertebrates (or sometimes other animals) which corresponds to the human thigh in position or function; the tibia of a horse, the tarsus of a bird; the third leg-section of an insect.
* 2009 , Fred Thompson, Grillin' with Gas :
- The 23-year-old was substituted in the 75th minute of France's goalless friendly draw with Croatia on Tuesday after suffering an injury to his thigh .
* 2011 , Ian Sample, The Guardian , 23 Feb 2011:
- Add the chicken thighs , close the bag, and squish the marinade to coat the chicken.
- The newly discovered dinosaur Brontomerus mcintoshi may have used its huge muscular thighs to kick predators and rivals.
* thigh pad
* thunder thighs
A stick used to play drums.
The second joint of the leg bone of a chicken or other fowl, as meat.
(India) The moringa or drumstick tree, Moringa oleifera , especially its slender, cylindrical pods.
* (chicken) chicken leg
* (chicken) chicken thigh, thigh