Religious vs Theolinguistics - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between religious and theolinguistics
is that religious
is a member of a religious order, ie a monk or nun while theolinguistics
is the study of religious language.
As an adjective religious
is concerning religion.
Committed to the practice of religion.
- It is the job of this court to rule on legal matters. We do not consider religious issues.
Highly dedicated, as one would be to a religion.
- I was much more religious as a teenager than I am now.
- I'm a religious fan of college basketball.
* (concerning religion)
* (committed to religion)
* (highly dedicated)
* Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, Baha'i, Wiccan, Eckist, Druid, Jain, , Sikh, Taoist, Zoroastrian, Unitarian Universalist, New Ager, reconstructionist, LaVeyan Satanist, Scientologist, Rastafarian, Taoist, pagan, spiritist, humanist, Thelemite, Confucianist
A member of a religious order, i.e. a monk or nun.
* 2009 , (Diarmaid MacCulloch), A History of Christianity , Penguin 2010, p. 354:
- Towards the end of the seventh century the monks of Fleury [...] clandestinely excavated the body of Benedict himself, plus the corpse of his even more shadowy sister and fellow religious , Scholastica.
The study of religious language.