As adjectives the difference between inactive and temporary
is that inactive
is inactivated while temporary
is not permanent; existing only for a period or periods of time.
As a verb inactive
As a noun temporary is
one serving for a limited time; short-term employee.
Not active, temporarily or permanently
Not functioning or operating; broken down
- The volcano is inactive , but is only dormant.
Retired from duty or service
- The photocopier is inactive pending repair.
(chemistry) Relatively inert
- Admiral Jones is now on the inactive list.
(physics) Showing no optical activity in polarized light
- Aluminium is inactive towards water.
- Synthetic glycine is optically inactive as it contains equal amounts of the d- and l- form.
* (not active) dull, dormant
* (not functioning or operating) idle
* (not active) active
Not permanent; existing only for a period or periods of time.
Existing only for a short time or short times; transient, ephemeral.
* See also
One serving for a limited time; short-term employee.