Talkative vs Talkless - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between talkative and talkless
is that talkative
is tending to talk a lot while talkless
is without talk.
Tending to talk a lot.
Speaking openly and honestly, neglecting privacy and consequences.
* chatty, gabby, garrulous, loquacious, outgoing, talksome
* long-winded, logorrheic, verbose
* indiscreet, outspoken
* See also
* dour, monosyllabic, sullen, withdrawn
* laconic, taciturn, terse, uncommunicative
* mute, quiet, silent
* 1924 , Popular Science (volume 105, number 5, November 1924, page 70)
* 1986 , Billboard (volume 98, number 6, 8 February 1986, page 18)
- One of the most recent devices for use in communication between deaf mutes is a "talkless phone" that conveys messages by means of an alphabet printed on electric-light bulbs.
- The talkless 24-hour period was devoid of advertisements, record intros and all other spoken words.