Japanese vs Tagalog - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between japanese and tagalog
is that japanese
is a person living in or coming from japan, or of japanese ancestry while tagalog
is tagalog, the tagalog language, native language of the philippines.
As an adjective japanese
is of, relating to, or derived from japan, its language, or culture.
As a proper noun japanese
is the main language spoken in japan.
Of, relating to, or derived from Japan, its language, or culture.
- A Japanese saw is one that cuts on the pull stroke rather than on the push stroke.
- In the United States, Japanese animation has had a tremendous surge in popularity over the last few years.
A person living in or coming from Japan, or of Japanese ancestry.
* 2007 October 16, Madeleine Brand, “Japan Struggles to Meet Its CO2 Emissions Limits”, Day to Day , National Public Radio,
- A Japanese will typically have black hair, brown eyes, and pale skin.
- Motoyuki Shibata isn’t a typical Japanese .
- Let’s go out to eat. I’m in the mood for Japanese .
As with all nouns formed from -ese , the countable singular form ("I am a Japanese") is uncommon and often taken as incorrect, although it is rather frequent in East Asia as a translation for the demonyms written in Chinese characters (Japanese kanji).
(en proper noun
The main language spoken in Japan.
- I’ve been studying Japanese for three years, and I still can’t order pizza in Tokyo!
* Japanese amberjack
* Japanese Bobtail
* Japanese bunching onion
* Japanese cuisine
* Japanese encephalitis
* Japanese food
* Japanese giant salamander
* Japanese knotweed
* Japanese lantern
* Japanese sea lion
* Japanese slipper
* Japanese spitz
* Japanese yew
* Middle Japanese
* Nihongo (in Japanese
* Language list
(en proper noun
A language spoken in the Philippines, in particular, Metro Manila and its surrounding provinces such as Bulacan, Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Bataan, Rizal, Marinduque, Mindoro, and Quezon.
A member of the second largest Filipino ethnic group.
Of or relating to the Tagalogs.
Tagalog - English Dictionary