Taenicide vs Taeniacide - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between taenicide and taeniacide
is that taenicide
is a medicine that destroys tapeworms while taeniacide
is any substance that kills tapeworms.
* tenicide, teniacide
A medicine that destroys tapeworms.
* The Traditional Taenicides of Ethiopia'', by Richard Pankhust, in the ''Journal of the History of Medicine and Allied Sciences , XXIV(3):323-334, 1969:
* Cocoanut as a Taenicide'', in the ''Saint Louis Medical and Surgical Journal , Volume 59, 1890:
- The practice in Ethiopia of eating raw meat...has given rise...to a high incidence of taenia, or tapeworm. ... The commonest traditional taenicide was the blood-red flower of the kosso tree...
* An in vivo screening method for anthelmintic activity using Hymenolepis nana var fraterna in mice , by J. Crowley, in Parasitology, 51:339-345 Cambridge University Press, 1961:
- If we are not mistaken, this is one of the popular Russian remedies...It is not necessary to take cathartics, simply eating a whole cocoanut being sufficient.
- Results obtained with known taenicides and taenifuges are tabled, analysed and compared with their action against the tapeworms of larger animals including man.