As nouns the difference between synchronization and syncopation
is that synchronization
is the state or property of being synchronized while syncopation
is (music) the quality of a rhythm being somehow unexpected, in that it deviates from the strict succession of regularly spaced strong and weak beats in a meter.
* synchronisation (Commonwealth English)
The state or property of being synchronized.
* 2012 , Staff (Max Planck Institute), Study: Solar and wind energy may stabilize the power grid , R&D Magazine,
- The generator went off line when it lost synchronization with the power line.
(military) The arrangement of military actions in time, space, and purpose to produce maximum relative combat power at a decisive place and time.
(military) In the intelligence context, application of intelligence sources and methods in concert with the operation plan. (JP 2-0); (JP 1-02)
- Synchronization , the coordinated dynamics of many units to the same timing is found throughout the natural world.
* synchroneity, synchronicity
(music) The quality of a rhythm being somehow unexpected, in that it deviates from the strict succession of regularly spaced strong and weak beats in a meter
(phonology) The loss of sounds in the middle of a word.