Predilection vs Susceptibility - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Predilection is a related term of susceptibility.
As nouns the difference between predilection and susceptibility
is that predilection
is predilection while susceptibility
is the condition of being susceptible; vulnerability.
Condition of favoring or liking; tendency towards; proclivity; predisposition.
* 1987 , Edwin M. Yoder Jr., "Lewis Powell a Fine Sense of Balance," Washington Post , 29 Jun.,
* 2000 , Terry McCarthy, "Lost Generation," Time Asia , 23 Oct.,
- But for him the first rule of judging was to set aside personal predilection and vote the law and the facts.
* 2001 , Marina Cantacuzino, "On deadly ground," The Guardian , 13 Mar.,
- ... youth’s predilection for revolt.
- Wilson doesn’t see any inconsistency between his socialism and his predilection for the high life.
the condition of being susceptible; vulnerability
(physics) electric susceptibility, a measure of how easily a dielectric polarizes in response to an external electric field (compare permittivity).