Unclear; probably related to (etyl
) ; compare slur. From mid-15th c.
Any flowable suspension of small particles in liquid.
* 1981 , National Research Council (U.S.) Committee on Animal Nutrition, Feeding Value of Ethanol Production By-products ,
* 2002 , R. Peter King, Introduction to Practical Fluid Flow ,
- While little information is available, it[distillers wet yeast] probably is similar to spent brewers yeast slurry .
* 2006 , Mark A. Shand, The Chemistry and Technology of Magnesia ,
- The most important application of fluid flow techniques in the mineral processing industry is the transportation of slurries'. Whenever solid materials are in particulate form transportation in the form of a ' slurry is possible.
* 2011 , Wan Renpu, Petroleum Industry Press staff (translators), Advanced Well Completion Engineering ,
- Magnesium hydroxide slurry' consists of an aqueous suspension of particulate magnesium hydroxide. The principle sources of '''slurry''' are from seawater- or brine-produced magnesium hydroxide, natural brucite, or from the slaking of magnesium oxide powder. Magnesium hydroxide ' slurry is gaining in popularity as a replacement for caustic soda and lime in waste-water treatment applications.
(mining) Liquid waste from some types of mining, such as mountain top removal mining, usually very toxic and stored nearby in large dams.
* 2006 , Raymond N. Yong, Catherine N. Mulligan, Masaharu Fukue, Geoenvironmental Sustainability ,
- The other properties of cement slurry' and set cement are also related closely to cement ' slurry density.
(agriculture) A mixture of animal waste, other organic material and sometimes water, stored in a slurry pit and used as fertilizer; also used in combination, as pig slurry , etc.
* 2004 , W. H. Rulkens, 11: Overview of resource recovery techmologies for biowaste'', Piet Lens, B. Hamelers, Harry Hoitink, Werner Bidlingmaier (editors), ''Resource Recovery and Reuse in Organic Solid Waste Management ,
- Slurry' tailings ponds are by far the major type of containment facilities for ' slurry tailings.
- In the Netherlands, the most problematic agricultural waste is liquid pig manure or pig slurry .
* coal slurry
* meat slurry
* slurry pit
* slurry wall
To make a slurry (of some material).
To apply a slurry (to).
- Next week we will be slurrying the parking lot.
Slurred, tending to slur.
- He spoke with a slurry''' voice.'' — ''His voice became progressively '''slurrier as he drank the three bottles of wine.