Brazen vs Superslut - What's the difference?
As an adjective brazen
is (archaic) pertaining to, made of, or resembling brass (in color or strength).
As a verb brazen
is to carry through in a brazen manner generally used with out'' or ''through
As a noun superslut is
(informal) a particularly brazen or promiscuous slut.
(archaic) Pertaining to, made of, or resembling brass (in color or strength).
* 1786 , Francis Grose, A Treatise on Ancient Armour and Weapons , page 31.
- Brazen or rather copper swords seem to have been next introduced; these in process of time, workmen learned to harden by the addition of some other metal or mineral, which rendered them almost equal in temper to iron.
, author=Edgar Rice Burroughs
, title=The Gods of Mars
, publisher=The Gutenberg Project
, passage= ... an open sea, its blue waters shimmering beneath the brazen
Sounding harsh and loud, like brass cymbals or brass instruments.
(archaic) Extremely strong; impenetrable.
Shamelessly shocking and offensive; impudent; barefaced; immodest; or unblushing.
- Brazen enough to spit on one of her students during class and wipe it in with her hand.
* brazen age
* brazen sea
To carry through in a brazen manner. Generally used with out'' or ''through .
* W. Black.
- Sabina brazened it out before Mrs. Wygram, but inwardly she was resolved to be a good deal more circumspect.
* brazen it out
(informal) A particularly brazen or promiscuous slut.
* 1981 , David Rabe, Harold Clurman, Nine plays of the modern theater
* 2001 , John Strausbaugh, Rock 'til you drop: the decline from rebellion to nostalgia
- Like superwoman going in the door ordinary and coming back out as this time-warped superslut , hot and ready, a little evil.
* 2007 , Jane Green, Second Chance
- ...some sort of boldly individual fashion statement — Kiss's ridiculous superhero gear, Madonna's equally ridiculous superslut attire...
- ...Scarlet Saffron, superslut and destroyer of marriages.