Rude vs Sudden - What's the difference?
As a proper noun rude
is settlement in croatia, near zagreb.
As an adjective sudden is
happening quickly and with little or no warning.
As an adverb sudden is
As a noun sudden is
(obsolete) an unexpected occurrence; a surprise.
(mismatch between senses and translations)
Somewhat obscene, pornographic, offensive.
undeveloped, unskilled, basic.
* 2 Corinthians 11:6 (KVJ)
- The girl was so rude to her boyfriend by screaming at him for no reason.
* (rfdate), Rudyard Kipling, The Conundrum of the Workshops
- But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge
- When the flush of a new-born sun fell first on Eden's green and gold,
- Our father Adam sat under the Tree and scratched with a stick in the mould;
- And the first rude sketch that the world had seen was joy to his mighty heart,
* 1767 , Adam Ferguson, An Essay on the History of Civil Society
- Till the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty, but is it Art?"
hearty, vigorous; (found particularly in the phrase rude health).
- It might be apprehended, that among rude nations, where the means of subsistence are procured with so much difficulty, the mind could never raise itself above the consideration of this subject
* See also
Happening quickly and with little or no warning.
Mr. Pratt's Patients
, passage=I stumbled along through the young pines and huckleberry bushes. Pretty soon I struck into a sort of path that, I cal'lated, might lead to the road I was hunting for. It twisted and turned, and, the first thing I knew, made a sudden
bend around a bunch of bayberry scrub and opened out into a big clear space like a lawn.}}
(obsolete) Hastily prepared or employed; quick; rapid.
- Never was such a sudden scholar made.
(obsolete) Hasty; violent; rash; precipitate.
- the apples of Asphaltis, appearing goodly to the sudden eye
- I have no joy of this contract to-night: It is too rash, too unadvised, too sudden
* all of a sudden
* sudden death
- Herbs of every leaf that sudden flowered.
(obsolete) An unexpected occurrence; a surprise.
* all of a sudden
* all of the sudden
* of a sudden