As a verb submit
is to yield or give way to another.
As a noun sud is
To yield or give way to another.
or To enter or put forward for approval, consideration, marking etc.
- They will not submit to the destruction of their rights.
- I submit these plans for your approval.
(mixed martial arts) To win a fight by submission.
- We submit that a wooden spoon of our day would not be justified in calling Galileo and Napier blockheads because they never heard of the differential calculus.
(obsolete) To let down; to lower.
- "[Ronda] Rousey, a former U.S. Olympian in Judo, caps off a perfect year in which she submitted Liz Carmouche in the first-ever UFC female fight and coached opposite [Miesha] Tate in "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series."
(obsolete) To put or place under.
- Sometimes the hill submits itself a while.
- The bristled throat / Of the submitted sacrifice with ruthless steel he cut.
(informal) A bubble of lather or foam (the singular of suds).