As nouns the difference between partition and subregion
is that partition
is partition (section of a hard disk separately formatted) while subregion
is a region that is part of a larger region.
An action which divides a thing into parts, or separates one thing from another.
A part of something that has been divided.
The division of a territory into two or more autonomous ones.
- And good from bad find no partition .
A vertical structure that divides a room.
- ''Monarchies where partition isn't prohibited risk weakening trough parcellation and civil wars between the heirs
That which divides or separates; that by which different things, or distinct parts of the same thing, are separated; boundary; dividing line or space.
- a brick partition'''; lath and plaster '''partitions
A part divided off by walls; an apartment; a compartment.
- No sight could pass / Betwixt the nice partitions of the grass.
(legal) The severance of common or undivided interests, particularly in real estate. It may be effected by consent of parties, or by compulsion of law.
(computing) A section of a hard disk separately formatted.
(databases) A division of a database or one of its constituting elements such as tables into separate independent parts.
(set theory) A collection of non-empty, disjoint subsets of a set whose union is the set itself (i.e. all elements of the set are contained in exactly one of the subsets).
(music) A musical score.
- Lodged in a small partition .
* (set theory) The elements of the collection are sometimes called the blocks or parts of the partition.
To divide something into parts, sections or shares
To divide a region or country into two or more territories with separate political status
To separate or divide a room by a partition (ex. a wall), often use with off
A region that is part of a larger region.