As verbs the difference between overwhelm and struck
is that overwhelm
is to engulf, surge over and submerge while struck
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To engulf, surge over and submerge.
To overpower, crush.
- The dinghy was overwhelmed by the great wave.
* Bible, Psalms lxxviii. 53
- In December 1939 the Soviet Union attacked Finland with overwhelming force.
To overpower emotionally.
- The sea overwhelmed their enemies.
- He was overwhelmed with guilt.
To cause to surround, to cover.
- Joy overwhelmed her when she realized that she had won a million dollars.
* too many balls in the air