Coordination vs Stigmergy - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between coordination and stigmergy
is that coordination
is while stigmergy
is (biology) a mechanism of spontaneous, indirect coordination between agents or actions, where the trace left in the environment by an action stimulates the performance of a subsequent action.
the act of coordinating, making different people or things work together for a goal or effect.
* 1919: Robert W. Chambers, In Secret
the resulting state of working together; cooperation; synchronization
* 1900: Irving Bacheller, Eben Holden, A Tale of the North Country
- Then there's the State Service and the police and several other services. And there is no proper co-ordination , no single head for all these agencies.
the ability to coordinate one's senses and physical movements in order to act skillfully.
- We stood dodging each other a moment with that unfortunate co-ordination of purpose men sometimes encounter when passing each other.
(possibly archaic) the state of being equal in rank or power.
* c. 1833: Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Specimens of the Table Talk of Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- I'm terrible at sports -- I have no coordination .
(grammar) an equal joining together two or more phrases or clauses, for example, using and'', ''or'', or ''but .
(chemistry) The reaction of one or more ligands with a metal ion to form a coordination compound
- There are two possible modes of unity in a State; one by absolute coordination of each to all, and of all to each; the other by subordination of classes and offices.
* coordination compound
* coordination number
* colour coordination, color coordination
* hand-eye coordination
(biology) A mechanism of spontaneous, indirect coordination between agents or actions, where the trace left in the environment by an action stimulates the performance of a subsequent action.
(systems theory) A mechanism of indirect coordination between agents or actions, in which the aftereffects of one action guide a subsequent action.
* systems theory