Tracker vs Startracker - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between tracker and startracker
is that tracker
is one who, or that which, tracks or pursues, as a man or dog that follows game while startracker
is an optical device that measures the positions of stars using photocells or a camera.
One who, or that which, tracks or pursues, as a man or dog that follows game.
In the organ, a light strip of wood connecting (in path) a key and a pallet, to communicate motion by pulling.
(computing) A type of computer software for composing music by aligning samples on parallel timelines.
* 2004 , "dilvie", new.scene.org'' (on newsgroup ''alt.music.mods )
* 2008 , Karen Collins, Game sound
- Trackers have broken out of the demoscene, are are(SIC) now in use by thousands of professional musicians. It's not uncommon to hear about people using trackers on DJ forums, and electronic music production communities
(computing) A musician who writes music in a tracker.
* 1999 , "Adrian Dunn", Re: Using a scanned picture in your demo'' (on newsgroup ''comp.sys.ibm.pc.demos )
- Although there were a few game companies outside the Amiga scene that used a tracker format (Epic Mega-Games, for instance), the majority used the better-supported MIDI.
(computing) A computer program that monitors something.
# (file sharing) Server software that coordinates peers in the BitTorrent protocol.
(finance) A tracker mortgage.
- You can always find musicians. There are more trackers than coders, pixelers, organizers, couriers, and designers combined.
An optical device that measures the positions of stars using photocells or a camera.