As verbs the difference between dumbfounded and stagnated
is that dumbfounded
) while stagnated
As an adjective dumbfounded
is shocked and speechless.
* amazed, astonished, astounded, confounded, flabbergasted, perplexed, shocked, speechless, stunned, surprised
To cease motion, activity, or progress:
# To cease to flow or run.
# To be or become foul from standing.
- If the water stagnates , algae will grow.
# To cease to develop, advance or change; to become idle.
#* (rfdate), Walter Scott:
- Air stagnates in a closed room.
#* 2003 , Ernest Verity, Get Wisdom (ISBN 1591606691), page 434:
- Ready-witted tenderness never stagnates in vain lamentations while there is any room for hope.
- Listening to what others say, especially to what they teach, prevents our minds stagnating , thus promoting mental growth into old age.