Faux vs Spurious - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between faux and spurious
is that faux
is fake or artificial while spurious
is false, not authentic, not genuine.
Fake or artificial
- clothing made from faux leather
- a faux -archaic style of speech
- faux wine
* faux pas
* fauxhawk / fohawk
false, not authentic, not genuine
* 2013 , Russell Brand, Russell Brand and the GQ awards: 'It's amazing how absurd it seems''' (in ''The Guardian , 13 September 2013)[http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/sep/13/russell-brand-gq-awards-hugo-boss]
(archaic) bastardly, illegitimate
- We witness that there is a relationship between government, media and industry that is evident even at this most spurious and superficial level. These three institutions support one another. We know that however cool a media outlet may purport to be, their primary loyalty is to their corporate backers. We know also that you cannot criticise the corporate backers openly without censorship and subsequent manipulation of this information.
- her spurious firstborn
* (false) counterfeit, fake, false, bogus
* See also
* See also
* (false) genuine, representative