Gay vs Sprightlysportive - What's the difference?
Gay is a synonym of sprightlysportive.
(en proper noun
, originally a nickname for a cheerful or lively person.
from the word gay, "joyful"; rare today.
. Also a shortened form of Gabriel, Gaylord and similar names, or transferred from the surname.
* 1992 , Unto the Sons , Ballantine Books 1993, ISBN 0804110336, page 15
* 2004 , Bad Dirt , Fourth Estate, ISBN 0007196911, page 32
- - - - my father's father, Gaetano Talese ( whose name I inherited after my birth in 1932, in the anglicized from of "Gay "), was an atypically fearless traveler,
- "Mr Gay Brawls. What a name."
- "It didn't use to mean what it means now. Plenty were named Gay'. Even in Nevada. Was old ' Gay Pitch had a gas station in Winnemucca. Nobody thought nothin about it and he raised a railroad car of kids.- - -
Not English Sprightlysportive has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
English words similar to 'sprightlysportive':spirocyclopropane