Booty is a synonym of spoils.
As nouns the difference between booty and spoils
is that booty
is (nautical) a form of prize which, when a ship was captured at sea, could be distributed at once or booty
can be (slang) the buttocks, usually that of a female or booty
can be while spoils
is that which is taken from another by violence; especially, the plunder taken from an enemy; pillage; booty.
As a verb spoils is
(nautical) A form of prize which, when a ship was captured at sea, could be distributed at once.
Plunder taken from an enemy in time of war, or seized by piracy.
(figuratively) Something that has been stolen or legally obtained from elsewhere.
- After returning from their Halloween trick-or-treating, the kids settled down to enjoy their booty of candies.
(slang) The buttocks, usually that of a female.
(slang, not countable) A woman, considered as sexual partner or sex object.
* 2000 , (film)
- You got a big ol' booty .
- It’s my duty to please that booty .
* booty call
* onion booty
That which is taken from another by violence; especially, the plunder taken from an enemy; pillage; booty.
Public offices and their benefits regarded as the peculiar property of a successful party or faction, to be bestowed for its own advantage; -- commonly in the plural; as
- "Gentle gales, Fanning their odoriferous wings, dispense Native perfumes, and whisper whence they stole Those balmy spoils." —Milton.
- to the victor belong the spoils
- Milk spoils when left out too long.