As adjectives the difference between seedy and speedy
is that seedy
is disreputable, run-down, sleazy while speedy
is rapid; swift.
disreputable, run-down, sleazy.
full of seeds.
- The healing power of alcohol only works on scrapes and nicks; and not on girls in seedy bars who drown themselves in it. (from "Choice Hops and Bottled Self Esteem" by Bayside)
- pomegranates are as seedy as any fruit you are likely to see.
infirm; gone to seed.
- His seedy , dirt-smudged visage caused her to look at him askance.
suffering the effects of a hangover
- With her aching back and pronounced limp, she was feeling particularly seedy today.
(colloquial) Having a peculiar flavour supposed to be derived from the weeds growing among the vines; said of certain kinds of French brandy.
- After last night's party we were all feeling pretty seedy .
* seedy toe
* fast, swift, quick, rapid
* See also
* speedy delete
* speedy deletion