Glow vs Sparking - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between glow and sparking
is that glow
is to give off light from heat or to emit light as if heated while sparking
As nouns the difference between glow and sparking
is that glow
is the state of a glowing object while sparking
is the act of producing a spark.
To give off light from heat or to emit light as if heated.
To radiate some emotional quality like light.
* Alexander Pope
- With pride it mounts, and with revenge it glows .
To gaze especially passionately at something.
To radiate thermal heat.
- Burns with one love, with one resentment glows .
To shine brightly and steadily.
* , chapter=5
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=Here, in the transept and choir, where the service was being held, one was conscious every moment of an increasing brightness; colours glowing
vividly beneath the circular chandeliers, and the rows of small lights on the choristers' desks flashed and sparkled in front of the boys' faces, deep linen collars, and red neckbands.}}
To make hot; to flush.
To feel hot; to have a burning sensation, as of the skin, from friction, exercise, etc.; to burn.
- Fans, whose wind did seem / To glow the delicate cheeks which they did cool.
* John Gay
- Did not his temples glow / In the same sultry winds and scorching heats?
- The cord slides swiftly through his glowing hands.
The state of a glowing object.
* 1994 , (Stephen Fry), (The Hippopotamus) Chapter 2
The condition of being passionate or having warm feelings.
The brilliance or warmth of color in an environment or on a person (especially one's face).
- The door of the twins' room opposite was open; a twenty-watt night-light threw a weak yellow glow into the passageway. David could hear the twins breathing in time with each other.
- He had a bright red glow on his face.
The act of producing a spark.
* 2013 , Marcel Theroux, Strange Bodies
- The tremor in my left hand is like the ominous grating note of a failing engine. I am growing weaker daily. What is this testimony but the collateral sparkings of a dying consciousness?