Soy - What does it mean?
A Chinese and Japanese liquid sauce for fish, made by subjecting boiled beans to long fermentation and then long digestion in salt and water. US preference is the term soy sauce .
* 1902 — Annie R. Gregory, Woman's Favorite Cookbook , p381
- I like a little soy with my rice.
Soybeans. Often used attributively.
- Pour in four tablespoonfuls of sherry and four tablespoonfuls of soy , as much vinegar as the jar will hold, and cover closely until wanted.
- These candles are made from soy .
- The soy crop is looking good this year.
* soy bean
* soy milk
* soy sauce
Not English has no English definition. It may be misspelled.