Not English Chari has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
A cereal, or Sorghum bicolor , the grains of which are used to make flour and as cattle feed.
* 1936', Harry Nelson Vinall, Joseph Charlworth Stephens, John Holmes Martin, ''Identification, History, and Distribution of Common '''Sorghum Varieties , US Department of Agriculture, Technical Bulletin No. 506,
* 1978 , US Department of Agriculture, Watch out for witchweed, a serious pest of corn, sorghum, and other crops , Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Program Number 1212,
- The sorghum crop has four uses — forage, grain, sirup, and industrial (such as the manufacture of brooms, wallboard, etc.).
* 2008 , Lamissa Diakité, Amadou Sidibé, Melinda Smale, Mikkel Grum, Seed Value Chains for Sorghum and Millet in Mali: A State-based System in Transition , International Food Policy Research Institute, Discussion Paper 00749,
- Witchweed (Striga spp. ) is a parasitic plant that attacks corn, sorghum , sugarcane, rice, and more than 60 different species of the grass family.
- Archaeological evidence suggests that economies based on cattle, goats, sorghum , and pearl millet were established in this region between 5,000 and 3,000 years ago (Smith 1998).
* (cereal) guinea corn (West Africa); Kafir corn (South Africa); mtama (East Africa); durra (Sudan); juar, jowar, cholam (India); kaoliang (China); milo (United States)
* sorghum midge