Canada vs Snowball - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between canada and snowball
is that canada
is a blow with a cane while snowball
is a ball of snow, usually one made in the hand and thrown for amusement in a snowball fight; also a larger ball of snow made by rolling a snowball around in snow that sticks to it and increases its diameter.
As a verb snowball is
to rapidly grow out of proportion or control.
A country in North America; official name: Canada .
(historical) Lower Canada (also Canada East) or Upper Canada (Canada West), often “the Canadas.”
* America's Hat (humorous)
* Canuckistan (humorous or derogatory)
* Dominion of Canada (historical)
* Great White North (informal)
* neighbor to the north (qualifier)
* People's Republic of Canada (humorous or derogatory)
* Soviet Canuckistan (humorous or derogatory)
* Atlantic Canada
* blame Canada
* Canada balsam
* Canada Day
* Canada Dry
* = bunchberry Cornus canadensis
* Canada East = Lower Canada
* Canada Games
* Canada goose, Branta canadensis
* Canada jay = grey jay
* Canada Pension Plan
* and its fruit
* Erethizon dorsatum
* Canada Savings Bond
* Canada thistle,
* Canada violet,
* Canada West = Upper Canada
* Central Canada = Central provinces
* French Canada
* Lower Canada
* O Canada
* Upper Canada
* Jacques Cartier (1545),
Relation originale de Jacques Cartier] , Paris: Tross [1863, p 48.
A ball of snow, usually one made in the hand and thrown for amusement in a snowball fight; also a larger ball of snow made by rolling a snowball around in snow that sticks to it and increases its diameter.
A cocktail made from lemonade and advocaat.
(figuratively) Something that snowballs (grows rapidly out of control).
* 2005 , Eldad Ben-Yosef, The Evolution of the US Airline Industry
A sex act involving passing ejaculated semen from one person's mouth to another's.
(US) A type of ice dessert.
A type of cake.
- Representatives of the small airlines that felt betrayed by Brown's policy started a political snowball rolling, resulting in the Airmail Act of 1934...
* a snowball’s chance]], a , a [[snowball's chance in hell, snowball’s chance in hell
* cast snowballs
* Chinese snowball
* New York snowball
* snowball bush
* snowball cactus
* Snowball Earth hypothesis
* snowball effect
* snowball fight
* snowball hammer
* snowball marches
* snowball opacity
* snowball prime
* snowball sampling
* snowball tree
To rapidly grow out of proportion or control.
To play at throwing snowballs.
To pelt with snowballs; to throw snowballs at.
(sexual slang ) To receive a man's ejaculate in one's mouth, and then to pass it back and forth between one's mouth and his.
- The high unemployment rates quickly snowballed into a major budget problem for the government.