Wikidiffcom vs Sloughy - What's the difference?
As an adjective sloughy is
marshy; having the characteristics of a wetland.
Not English Wikidiffcom has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
Marshy; having the characteristics of a wetland.
* 1724 , , The Drapier's Letters (1903 edition), Letter 7:
* 1918 , , The Song of the Lark , part 1, ch. 1:
- Neither should that odious custom be allowed, of cutting scraws, (as they call them) which is flaying off the green surface of the ground, to cover their cabins; or make up their ditches; sometimes in shallow soils, where all is gravel within a few inches; and sometimes in low ground, with a thin greensward, and sloughy underneath; which last turns all into bog, by this mismanagement.
- The Swedish Reform Church was in a sloughy , weedy district, near a group of factories.
* boggy, miry, mucky, swampy