As adjectives the difference between shirty and skirty
is that shirty
is (informal) ill-tempered or annoyed while skirty
is like a skirt; featuring a skirt or skirts.
(informal) Ill-tempered or annoyed.
* 1897 , :
- I didn't ask my father for money, figuring he'd get shirty about it since I had quit school and had no job.
- "You ain't shirty 'cause I kissed yer last night?"
- "I'm not shirty ; but it was pretty cool, considerin' like as I didn't know yer."
Like a skirt; featuring a skirt or skirts.
- The sides flare out to give it a skirty look.
Wearing a skirt.
- the skirty national dress of India
Fond of wearing skirts; tending to wear skirts.
- chased a skirty maid
* 1977 , John Hersey, The Walnut Door :
- I'm just not a skirty person.
- Mrs. Calovatto was looking brand new in her semitropical Ionojet slacks suit — very daring, Elaine thought, for a skirty woman.