Vegan vs Sister - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between vegan and sister
is that vegan
is someone from vega, which is either a while sister
is title of respect for an adult female member of a religious or fraternal order.
As an adjective vegan
is relating to.
Relating to vegans or veganism.
A person who does not consume, use or eat any animal products; a supporter of veganism
A daughter of the same parents as another person; a female sibling.
A female member of a religious community; a nun.
- My sister is always driving me crazy.
(British) A senior or supervisory nurse, often in a hospital.
Any woman or girl with whom a bond is felt through common membership of a race, profession, religion or organization, such as feminism.
- Michelle left behind her bank job and became a sister at the local convent.
* 1985 , (Eurythmics) and (Aretha Franklin), Who’s Zoomin' Who? :
- Connie was very close to her friend Judy and considered her to be her sister .
(slang) A black woman.
(informal) A form of address to a woman.
* What’s up, sister ?
A woman, in certain labour or socialist circles; also as a form of address.
* Thank you, sister'''. I would like to thank the '''sister who just spoke.
(attributively) Of or relating to an entity that has a special or affectionate, non-hierachical relationship with another.
- [song title] Sisters Are Doin’ It for Themselves
(usually, attributively) In the same class.
- sister''' publication, '''''sister''' city'', '''''sister projects
- sister''' ships'', '''''sister facility
* (woman or girl with the same parents) (slang) sis
* (member of religious community) nun, sistren
* (supervisory nurse) charge nurse
* darling, dear, love, (US) lady, miss, (northern UK) pet
* affiliate, affiliated
* (with regards to gender) brother
* (daughter of common parents) sibling
* big sister
* kid sister
* little sister
* sister city
* sister ship
* weak sister
(construction) To strengthen (a supporting beam) by fastening a second beam alongside it.
(obsolete) To be sister to; to resemble closely.
- I’m trying to correct my sagging floor by sistering the joists.