Steven vs Sibilance - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between steven and sibilance
is that steven
is the voice, now especially when loud or strong or steven
can be (obsolete) a time, occasion while sibilance
is the quality of being sibilant: a hissing quality.
As a verb steven
is (obsolete) to speak; utter; describe; tell of; name or steven
can be (obsolete) to call; summon; command; appoint.
(en proper noun
, a variant spelling of Stephen.
* 1989 Ann Beattie: Picturing Will . Random House. ISBN 0394569873 page 67:
- His first name was probably Steve or Ed. No, there were no more Steves or Eds in New York. They were now Steven or Edward, whether they were gay or straight. If they had money, they didn't have a nickname. Everybody was into high seriousness, so that now even dogs were named Humphrey and Raphael.
The quality of being sibilant: a hissing quality.
* 2000 , Elaine A. Clark, There's Money Where Your Mouth Is: An Insider's Guide to a Career in Voice-Overs , Second Edition, Back Stage Books, ISBN 978-0-8230-7702-1,
* 2006 , Barbara Alysen, Electronic Reporter: Broadcast Journalism in Australia , Second Edition, University of New south Wales Press, ISBN 978-0-86840-495-0,
- The following exercises help combat sibilance , plosives, lazy tongue, and mouth problems.
* 2009 , Jean Ann Wright and M. J. Lallo, Voice-Over for Animation , Elsevier, ISBN 978-0-240-81015-7,
- A string of words beginning with ‘s’ will cause sibilance .
* 2012 , Michael Zager, Music Production: For Producers, Composers, Arrangers, and Students , Second Edition, Scarecrow Press, ISBN 978-0-8108-8202-7,
- Work to control the sibilance of your s sounds.
- Most often sending the vocal through a de-esser will either eliminate the sibilance or greatly reduce its sound.