* 1968 May, W. B. Healy, Ingestion of Soil by Dairy Cows'', ''New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research ,
* 1984 April 19, David F. Chantrey, James B. Reid, C. E. Davie, Dog Business'', '' ,
- This paper reports on ingestion of soil by dairy cows using titanium analysis of faeces by the X-ray fluorescence technique, and gives the range of soil intakes of a year on both an individual and a herd basis.
* 2004 , Håkan Jönsson, Håkan Jönsson, Anna Richert Stintzing, Björn Vinnerås, Eva Salomon, Guidelines on the Use of Urine and Faeces in Crop Production ,
- The fact that dogs have a well developed sense of smell suggests that they might be able to use the odour of faeces as a means of communicating.
- Urine and faeces' are complete fertilizers of high quality with low levels of contaminants such as heavy metals. Urine is rich in nitrogen, while ' faeces are rich in phosphorous, potassium and organic matter.
* shit bag
(vulgar, pejorative) a worthless person
, author=Billy Buford
, coauthors=Ryszard Kapu?ci?ski
, title=The Best of Granta Reportage
, passage=I came across a drunken couple shouting into these machines outside a quayside restaurant. "Shitbag' calling fuckface, '''shitbag''' calling fuckface, are you receiving me, over?" "Fuckface to '''shitbag''', fuckface to ' shitbag
, I am receiving you, over".
(vulgar) a bag which faeces (often of dogs, cats, etc) is put into.