As an adjective shife
is (african american vernacular english) aggressive looking, tough.
As a noun shide is
a thin board; a billet of wood; splinter.
(African American Vernacular English) aggressive looking, tough.
* 1991 , "Bust Down", Nasty Bitch (rap song)
* 1996 , "UGK" (Chad Butler and Bernard Freeman), Diamonds and Wood (rap song)
- And he knew he was shife , he knew he was hype.
* 2004 , "Trae" (Frazier Thompson III), Let Me Live (rap song)
- These jealous niggas looking at me and my car so shife .
- Let me live my life, y'all know y'all ain't right. / Niggas be so shife , can I do one thang.
A thin board; a billet of wood; splinter.
A piece of wood; strip; piece split off; plank.