* Mahomet'' was the predominant form until the late 1700s. ''Mohammed'' was the predominant form from then until the 1940s, when it was overtaken by ''Muhammad'', which has been predominant ever since. Other forms which are now quite common are ''Mohammad'', ''Mohamed'' and ''Muhammed , which all came into common use after the 1820s.
* Mahomed, Mahommed, Mehemet, Mohamad
* Muhamed, Muhammat, Muhamad, Mehemed, Mehemmed, Mahoma, Muhammud, Mahemet, Mehemmet
* Mehmed, Mehmet
* Mohamet, Mahamad, Mahammad, Mahamet, Mahumet, Mohammet, Mahammed, Mahamed, Mahommet, Mahomad, Machomet, Mahommad, Muhammet, Mahomat, Muhamet, Muhamat, Maomet, Mohamat
* Mahamat, Mahamid, Mohamud, Mohammud, Mahomett, Mohamid, Mohammid, Muhamud, Muhammid, Mahammet, Muhamid, Magomet, Mohemet, Mehammed, Mohemmed, Mehamet, Mohemed, Mahemed; Mouhammad, Mouhamed, Mouhamad, Muhmmed
* Machoumet, Mahamath, Mahamett, Mahamit, Mahammat, Mahammid, Mahemett, Mahemmed, Mahemmet, Mahometh, Mahommat, Mahommett, Mahoumed, Mahoumet, Mahumett, Mehamid, Mehammad, Mehemett, Moammed, Mohamit, Mohammat, Mohamut, Mohemmet, Mohomet, Mouhamet, Mouhammed, Muammed, Muhamut, Muhemmad, Mathomus
(uncountable) The figure who introduced Islam, the man to whom the Quran was revealed; considered a prophet by Muslims and Baha'is.
(uncountable) The 47th sura (chapter) of the Quran.
(countable) very popular among Muslims.
- Shias believe that Ali succeeded the prophet Mohammad .
- There are two Muhammads in my class.
* Seal of the Prophets, Last Prophet, al-Amin, Abu Qasim
* (religious founder) Jesus, Buddha, Zoroaster, Rishabha, Baha'ullah, Moses, , Confucius
* if the mountain won't come to Muhammad
* Mohammedan, Mohammedanism (now offensive)
* Mohammedism, Mohammedist