As nouns the difference between folly and shenanigans
is that folly
is while shenanigans
is mischievous play, especially by children.
Thoughtless action resulting in tragic consequence.
- This is a war of folly .
A fanciful building built for purely ornamental reasons.
- The purchase of Alaska from Russia was termed Seward's folly.
- A luncheonette in the shape of a coffee cup is particularly conspicuous, as is intended of an architectural duck or folly .
Mischievous play, especially by children.
Deceitful trick(s); trickery, games.
- Billy and Tom are playing noisily upstairs again. They're up to their usual shenanigans .
- You should learn to spot their shenanigans and avoid being fooled.
- The advertisement said it would cost $50, but they charged me $75 at the register. I declare shenanigans .