Not English Shemetic has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
English words similar to 'shemetic':somatic
* semitic, Shemitic, shemitic
Of or pertaining to a subdivision of Afro-Asiatic : Amharic, Arabic, Aramaic, Syriac, Akkadian, Hebrew, Maltese, Tigrigna, Phoenician etc.
Of or pertaining to the Semites; of or pertaining to one or more Semitic peoples.
* 2008 , Gary A. Tobin, The Trouble with Textbooks , page 93:
# (biblical) Of or pertaining to the descendants of .
# (in particular) Of or pertaining to the Israeli, Jewish, or Hebrew people.
# Of or pertaining to any of the religions which originated among the Semites; Abrahamic.
#* 1893 , George Thomas Bettany, Mohammedanism and Other Religions of Mediterranean Countries , page 45:
- On the other hand, scholars say that the Philistines were an Indo-European people not related to the Semitic Palestinians.
#* 2011 , Makau Mutua, ''Human Rights: A Political and Cultural Critique, page 114:
- Thus we trace ever and again the similarities which are to be found among the Semitic religions.
#* 2005 , Xavier William, World Religions, True Beliefs and New Age Spirituality , page 45:
- The Semitic religions (Christianity and Islam) are nationally honored in much of Africa.
- In contrast to these Semitic religions some religions of Indian origin like Buddhism and Jainism, are pacifist to the extent of banning the killing of animals even for food.