Tiger vs Sheep - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between tiger and sheep
is that tiger
is (soccer) someone connected with , as a fan, player, coach etc while sheep
is a woolly ruminant of the genus ovis
As a proper noun tiger
is a town in georgia.
* tigre (obsolete)
* tyger (dated)
Panthera tigris , a large predatory mammal of the cat family, indigenous to Asia.
# A male tiger.
A servant in livery, who rides with his master or mistress.
* 1843 , '', book 2, ch. XVII, ''The Beginnings
* 1907 , Sir Percy Fitzpatrick, Jock of the Bushveld , Longmans 1976 ed., ISBN 0582161231, page 251:
- The doom of Fate was, Be thou a Dandy! Have thy eye-glasses, opera-glasses, thy Long-Acre cabs with white-breeched tiger , thy yawning impassivities, pococurantisms; fix thyself in Dandyhood, undeliverable; it is thy doom.
(US, slang) A person who is very athletic during sexual intercourse.
* 2010 , Jeff Wilser, The Maxims of Manhood
- Jim remarked irrelevantly that tigers were 'schelms' and it was his conviction that there were a great many in the kloofs round about.
(figurative) A ferocious, bloodthirsty person.
- Don't Tell your roommate that you heard the walls shaking all night, and it sounds like he's a real tiger in the sack.
(US, colloquial) A kind of growl or screech, after cheering.
- As for heinous tiger , Tamora.
A pneumatic box or pan used in refining sugar.
- three cheers and a tiger
* Panthera tigris
* Asian Tiger (business)
* Bali tiger
* Bengal tiger
* Sumatran tiger
* Siberian tiger
* Tasmanian tiger
* blind tiger
* have a tiger by the tail
* paper tiger
* tiger beetle
* tiger cat
* tiger lily
* tiger moth
* tiger mother
* tiger shark
* tiger snake
A woolly ruminant of the genus Ovis .
A timid, shy person who is easily led by others.
* See also
* black sheep
* shoop (chiefly-humorous back-formation)
* Abenaki: (l)