As nouns the difference between dabs and shatter
is that dabs
is while shatter
is (archaic) a fragment of anything shattered.
As verbs the difference between dabs and shatter
is that dabs
) while shatter
is to violently break something into pieces.
to violently break something into pieces.
- The miners used dynamite to shatter rocks.
- a high-pitched voice that could shatter glass
to destroy or disable something.
to smash, or break into tiny pieces.
to dispirit or emotionally defeat
- The old oak tree has been shattered by lightning.
* 1984 Martyn Burke, The commissar's report, p36
- to be shattered''' in intellect; to have '''shattered''' hopes, or a '''shattered constitution
* 1992 Rose Gradym "Elvis Cures Teen's Brain Cancer!" Weekly World News , Vol. 13, No. 38 (23 June, 1992), p41
- Your death will shatter him. Which is what I want. Actually, I would prefer to kill him.
* 2006 A. W. Maldonado, Luis Muñoz Marín: Puerto Rico's democratic revolution, p163
- A CAT scan revealed she had an inoperable brain tumor. The news shattered Michele's mother.
- The marriage, of course, was long broken but Munoz knew that asking her for a divorce would shatter her.
(obsolete) To scatter about.
- a man of a loose, volatile, and shattered humour
- Shatter your leaves before the mellowing year.
(archaic) A fragment of anything shattered.
- to break a glass into shatters
- (Jonathan Swift)