(fishing) A fishing hook consisting of several hooks radiating from a centre.
One who shags.
# One who has sexual intercourse.
#* 1997 , , Issues 6061-6069,
#* 2006 , , Richard Hill: The Autobiography ,
- deracinated German, ace journalist and communist spy, compulsive cocktail drinker and serial shagger : the agent of penetration par excellence is engaging in sexual congress with a secretary from the German embassy in the Japanese capital.
#* 2007 , , Oliver Harvey, Who Ate All the Pies?: The Life and Times of Mick Quinn ,
- ‘What do you want to be remembered for, being the best shaggers and drinkers or the best rugby players?’
# One who catches and returns a ball, usually out of play; one who fetches played balls; one who fetches shot game.
#* 1980 , Ken Dugan, Secrets of Coaching Championship Baseball ,
- There would be card schools, too, and when we overnighted the shaggers among the lads would be sniffing after everything in a skirt.
#* 1983 , Bob Brister, Doves Galore'', '' ,
- The shagger is placed in this position to avoid the danger of his being hit by a batted ball.
#* 1995 , Mario Pagnoni, Gerald Robinson, Softball: Fast and Slow Pitch ,
- As we arrived at the grainfield a covey of little Mexican boys swarmed in from all directions, waving and yelling and climbing on the bumpers, vying for jobs as bird shaggers . Birds were darting low over the vehicles and somebody got excited and started shooting right there, bringing the kids racing for the fallen birds, because whoever got one had a job for sure.
#* 2011 , Jim McLean, Tom McCarthy, The Complete Hogan: A Shot-by-Shot Analysis of Golf?s Greatest Swing ,
- As soon as the outfielder releases the throw to the shagger , a second ball is fungoed and the fielder must react quickly,.
One who dances the shag; a jazz dancer.
* 2012 , Renee Wright, Myrtle Beach & South Carolina?s Grand Strand , Explorer?s Guides,
- He always had a shagger , a caddy who put the shag bag right in front of his feet.
(UK, Australia, colloquial, slang) A popular person; also used as an epithet .
- The first gathering proved so successful that SOS has expanded to a year-round schedule of events, including annual ten-day Spring Safaris and Fall Migrations, attracting up to 10,000 shaggers at a time, plus weekend gatherings in winter and summer.
* ball shagger, shagger's back, sheepshagger