As nouns the difference between maid and servent
is that maid
is maiden while servent
is (internet) a peer-to-peer network node which has the functionality of both server and client.
(dated, or, poetic) A girl or an unmarried young woman; maiden.
A female servant or cleaner (short for maidservant).
* , title=The Mirror and the Lamp
- Note - maid is often used in the common or species names of flowering plants.
, passage=She was a fat, round little woman, richly apparelled in velvet and lace, […]; and the way she laughed, cackling like a hen, the way she talked to the waiters and the maid
, […]—all these unexpected phenomena impelled one to hysterical mirth, and made one class her with such immortally ludicrous types as Ally Sloper, the Widow Twankey, or Miss Moucher.}}
(archaic) A virgin of either gender.
* 1380+ , (Geoffrey Chaucer), (The Canterbury Tales)
* 1601 , (William Shakespeare), (Twelfth Night)
- Crist was a mayde and shapen as a man.
- You are betrothed both to a maid and man.
* (young female person) damsel, maiden
* (female servant) handmaiden, lady-in-waiting, maidservant
* (female cleaner) chambermaid (in a hotel), charlady (in a house), charwoman (in a house)
* French maid
* maid of honour
* old maid
(Internet) A peer-to-peer network node which has the functionality of both server and client.