Essence vs Serum - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between essence and serum
is that essence
)the inherent nature of a thing or idea while serum
(senseid)The inherent nature of a thing or idea.
- The laws are at present, both in form and essence , the greatest curse that society labours under.
- Gifts and alms are the expressions, not the essence of this virtue [charity].
(philosophy) The true nature of anything, not accidental or illusory.
- The essence of Addison's humour is irony.
A being; especially, a purely spiritual being.
- Uncompounded is their essence pure.
* Washington Irving
- As far as gods and heavenly essences / Can perish.
A significant feature of something.
The concentrated form of a plant or drug obtained through a distillation process.
* essence of Jojoba
Fragrance, a perfume.
* Alexander Pope
- He had been indulging in fanciful speculations on spiritual essences , until he had an ideal world of his own around him.
- Nor let the essences exhale.
* in essence
* of the essence; time is of the essence
The clear yellowish fluid obtained upon separating whole blood into its solid and liquid components after it has been allowed to clot. Also called blood serum.
Blood serum from the tissues of immunized animals, containing antibodies and used to transfer immunity to another individual, called antiserum.
A watery fluid from animal tissue, especially one that moistens the surface of serous membranes or that is exuded by such membranes when they become inflamed, such as in edema or a blister.
The watery portion of certain animal fluids, as blood, milk, etc; whey.
(skincare) An intensive moisturising product to be applied after cleansing but before a general moisturiser.
* blood serum
* immune serum
* serum sickness
* truth serum