Sede vs Sere - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between sede and sere
is that sede
is while sere
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl) .
* 1798 , (Samuel Taylor Coleridge), (The Rime of the Ancient Mariner) ,
* 1868 , (Henry Lonsdale), The Worthies of Cumberland , volume concerning Sir J. R. G. Graham, chapter 1,
- The roaring wind! it roar'd far off,
It did not come anear;
But with its sound it shook the sails
That were so thin and sere .
* 1984 , (Vernor Vinge), (The Peace War) , chapter 37:
- …whilst the recitation of Border Minstrelsy, or a well-sung ballad, served to revive the sere and yellow leaf of age by their refreshing memories of the pleasurable past.
- The grass was sere and golden, the dirt beneath white and gravelly.
An intermediate stage in an ecosystem prior to advancing to the point of being a climax community.
* seral community