As an adjective sentimental
is characterized by sentiment, sentimentality or excess emotion.
As a noun remembrance is
the act of remembering; a holding in mind, or bringing to mind; recollection.
characterized by sentiment, sentimentality or excess emotion
derived from emotion rather than reason; of or caused by sentiment
* 1885 : ,
*: Are you in sentimental mood?
*: I'll sigh with you.
* 1944 : ,
*: Gonna take a Sentimental Journey,
*: Gonna set my heart at ease.
*: Gonna make a Sentimental Journey,
*: to renew old memories.
The act of remembering; a holding in mind, or bringing to mind; recollection.
* Lest fierce remembrance wake my sudden rage. .
* Lest the remembrance of his grief should fail. .
The state of being remembered, or held in mind; memory; recollection.
* This, ever grateful, in remembrance bear. .
Something remembered; a person or thing kept in memory.
That which serves to keep in or bring to mind; a memorial; a token; a memento; a souvenir; a memorandum or note of something to be remembered.
* And on his breast a bloody cross he bore, The dear remembrance of his dying Lord. .
* Keep this remembrance for thy Julia's sake.
(obsolete) Something to be remembered; counsel; admonition; instruction.
Power of remembering; reach of personal knowledge; period over which one's memory extends.
* Thee I have heard relating what was done Ere my remembrance . .
* recollection; reminiscence. See memory.