Seedy is a synonym of sketchy.
As adjectives the difference between seedy and sketchy
is that seedy
is disreputable; run-down while sketchy
is roughly or hastily laid out; intended for later refinement.
disreputable, run-down, sleazy.
full of seeds.
- The healing power of alcohol only works on scrapes and nicks; and not on girls in seedy bars who drown themselves in it. (from "Choice Hops and Bottled Self Esteem" by Bayside)
- pomegranates are as seedy as any fruit you are likely to see.
infirm; gone to seed.
- His seedy , dirt-smudged visage caused her to look at him askance.
suffering the effects of a hangover
- With her aching back and pronounced limp, she was feeling particularly seedy today.
(colloquial) Having a peculiar flavour supposed to be derived from the weeds growing among the vines; said of certain kinds of French brandy.
- After last night's party we were all feeling pretty seedy .
* seedy toe
Roughly or hastily laid out; intended for later refinement.
Resembling a comedy sketch, of sketch quality.
(slang) Of questionable or doubtful quality.
- The first draft included a sketchy design.
(slang, of a person) Suspected of taking part in illicit or dishonorable dealings.
- The sketchy repair job did not look like it would hold.
(slang, of a person) Disturbing or unnerving, often in such a way that others may suspect them of intending physical or sexual harm or harassment.
- Because he is so sketchy , I always think that he is up to something.
- Jack is so sketchy , I think he's stalking me.