As adjectives the difference between dingy and seedy
is that dingy
is drab; shabby; dirty; squalid while seedy
is disreputable, run-down, sleazy.
As a noun dingy
is penis or dingy
can be .
From English dialectal (Kentish) .
drab; shabby; dirty; squalid
* (drab) dismal, drab, dreary, gloomy, grimy
* (drab) bright, clean
- (Charles Dickens)
disreputable, run-down, sleazy.
full of seeds.
- The healing power of alcohol only works on scrapes and nicks; and not on girls in seedy bars who drown themselves in it. (from "Choice Hops and Bottled Self Esteem" by Bayside)
- pomegranates are as seedy as any fruit you are likely to see.
infirm; gone to seed.
- His seedy , dirt-smudged visage caused her to look at him askance.
suffering the effects of a hangover
- With her aching back and pronounced limp, she was feeling particularly seedy today.
(colloquial) Having a peculiar flavour supposed to be derived from the weeds growing among the vines; said of certain kinds of French brandy.
- After last night's party we were all feeling pretty seedy .
* seedy toe