Sedan vs Sudan - What's the difference?
As a noun sedan
is an enclosed windowed chair suitable for a single occupant, carried by at least two porters, in equal numbers in front and behind, using wooden rails that passed through metal brackets on the sides of the chair.
As a verb sudan is
An enclosed windowed chair suitable for a single occupant, carried by at least two porters, in equal numbers in front and behind, using wooden rails that passed through metal brackets on the sides of the chair.
(US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand) A motorcar designed in a configuration with separate compartments for engine space, driver/passenger space and luggage space.
* 1986 May, Jack Keebler, U.S. Family Sedans - traditional techology takes on state of the art'', '' ,
* 1996 , Dennis Adler, Fifties Flashback: The American Car , 2004,
- What we are observing in this sedan' square-off is the cumulative effect of modern design technology on the family ' sedan .
* 2005 , Dennis W. Parks, American Hot Rod: How to Build a Hot Rod with Boyd Coddington ,
- In addition there was a companion four-door sedan , mounted on the C- 38 Series 121.5-inch platform and equipped with the 1 14-horsepower L-head six.
- The 1929 Model A Tudor sedan on these pages will receive a mild top chop of 3 inches, combined with the installation of a rear delivery door and a filled roof.
* (chair carried by porters) litter, sedan chair
* (body style of a car) saloon (UK)
(en proper noun
Country in Northeast Africa. Official name: Republic of the Sudan.
A climatic zone characterized by savannas and mosaic forests running in a belt just south of the Sahel in West and East Africa
(historical) Mali .
- Often used with the definite article "the".
* South Sudan
* Southern Sudan
* Sudanese (relating to the country)
* Sudanian (relating to the climatic region)
* South Sudan