As nouns the difference between rotation and secondment
is that rotation
is rotation while secondment
is the process or state of being seconded, the temporary transfer of a person from their normal duty to another assignment.
(chiefly, uncountable) The act of turning around a centre or an axis.
, author=Frank Fish, George Lauder
, title=Not Just Going with the Flow
, volume=101, issue=2, page=114
, passage=An extreme version of vorticity is a vortex
. The vortex is a spinning, cyclonic mass of fluid, which can be observed in the rotation
of water going down a drain, as well as in smoke rings, tornados and hurricanes.}}
A single complete cycle around a centre or an axis.
- The earth's rotation about its axis is responsible for its being slightly oblate rather than a sphere.
A regular variation in a sequence.
- Earth's moon completes a rotation every twenty-seven days or so.
- crop rotation
(mathematics) An operation that a continuous isometry deformation that fixes at least one point can result in.
- The medical resident finished a two-week rotation in pediatrics and began one in orthopaedics.
(baseball) The set of (soplink) of a team.
(aviation) The step during takeoff when the pilot commands the vehicle to lift the nose wheel off the ground during the takeoff roll.
- The function mapping (''x'',''y'') to (''&
- x2212;y'',''x'') is a rotation .
the process or state of being seconded, the temporary transfer of a person from their normal duty to another assignment